CHALLENGE TO OVERCOME
Reduction of machine accuracy due to the deformation of the cross beam of large portal machines.
Large portal machines suffer certain deformations because of the moving weight of the saddle and ram along the cross beam.
Roll error derived from the deformation of the structure induces a perpendicularity error as well as a Z axis dependant position deviation of the tool.
The innovative VERTICAL RAM BALANCE compensates this effect by a CNC-controlled electromechanical system assembled within the saddle. It works as an additional CNC axis and it is closed-loop-controlled with its own direct position measuring system.
The system ensures maximum accuracy in the perpendicularity of the X-Z axes, whatever the working position.
- Available for portal and gantry machines
- It increases the machine precision
- Improved finishing results
- The system is 100% controlled at any time, in any position
- Configurable compensation values
- Real-time compensation
- Works both in positive and negative directions