Gearbox and axes refurbishment
A flexible solution capable of accomplishing all possible operations in the refurbishment of windpower gearboxes, providing the highest productivity parameters in the machining of large format parts and those with great technical complexity, making it possible to machine different shapes and sizes.
Multitasking solution to perform milling, boring, turning and gear hobbing operations on a single machine for multiple components of different shapes and sizes efficiently and accurately.
SORALUCE FS 10000 multitasking.
- High capacity (LxWxH): 10,000 x 1,600 x 3,600 mm.
- Flexible working area on a floor plate of 11,000 x 2,500 x 300 mm with a Ø 2,000 mm table for working both horizontally and vertically (4th axis).
- Tailstock and a steady rest for parts of Ø 1,100 mm.
- Stepless universal head, capable of achieving highly accurate positioning with an indexing capability of 0.001º x 0.001º and 46 kW, 1,530Nm, 6,000 rpm.
- Large size boring and facing head.
- Automatic head and tool changing system with storage for up to 60 tools.
- Operator’s platform with vertical movement.
- Sistema DAS® (Patented), active damping system to eliminate chatter, protecting the machine and assuring long term precision.
- Soraluce custom cycles:
- Boring head management: cones, threads, et.
- Gear machining with large format hobbing tools.
“One of the advantages is the simplicity of the cycles, they’re really intuitive”
“The new hobbing technology for large format machinery is a differential advantage that opens up new market possibilities to us”
The key to the highest productivity
Located in the municipality of Maia (Portugal), Sermec Group machines parts with a high added value for the energy and steelmaking sectors, cement plants and refineries, among others.
Sermec Group has decided to expand its machine pool with a multitasking SORALUCE FS 10000 machine for the gearbox and axes refurbishment for the wind energy sector.
This is a multitasking solution, a fully versatile solution aimed at maximizing productivity, with the ability to perform milling, boring, turning and gear hobbing operations on a single machine for multiple components of different shapes and sizes efficiently and accurately.
The machine allows Sermec to achieve the highest profitability parameters in the machining of large format parts and those with great technical complexity, making it possible to machine different shapes and sizes.